Logical Consequences Behavioral Support Guide
This booklet will provide you with tools to help guide the child and parent in using Logical Consequences intervention more effectively. The contents include case note documentation, Family Therapy Case Conceptualization Form, Behavior Modification Form, and Parent Engagement form.
- Case notes help the therapist to document the objective and identify action steps for each session
- Family Therapy Case Conceptualization will help the therapist gain useful assessment information within the first and second visit with the parent and child to monitor improvement
- The Behavior Assessment form will help the therapist determine the 3 behaviors that the parent identified as the problem behavior.
- The Behavior Modification form will help the parent and therapist identify the behaviors that are decreased when the Logical Consequences are applied
- The Parent Engagement Form helps the parent use as homework to engage with the child and to discuss the use of the logical consequences used with the identified problem behavior. The therapist is also able to discuss the comments that the parent indicates each day to guide the action steps that are needed each session